This is the official website for the Town of Piermont, a small town with a farming heritage located on the Connecticut River in Grafton County, western New Hampshire. According to the 2010 Census, our population is about 790, but during the summer and fall months that increases significantly due to our seasonal residents and the two nationally renowned summer camps, Camp Walt Whitman and Kingswood Camp for Boys. The Town boasts a large number of small home-based businesses and farm stores, all of which thrive and enjoy the rural location. Where available, we have provided links to their web pages to enhance your shopping and visiting experience.
The town was incorporated by Governor Benning Wentworth in 1764 and in 2014 we celebrated our 250th Anniversary. Please visit our 250th Celebrations page to see some pictures from the Parade and events that marked the occasion.
We have a small committed group of Town employees and a large number of volunteers who give generously of their time and are dedicated to providing the best possible service to both the residents and visitors.
It is hoped that this website will answer many of the questions that may be asked by residents regarding the Town’s Government or Services. Agendas, Minutes, important information and announcements are available here as soon as possible after they are published or known. Additionally visitors who are interested in Piermont’s recreational and vacationing possibilities or considering it as a place to live should find the many links on our site useful.
Stay up to date with our Latest News page and make sure you don’t miss any of our many Town meetings/events that you might like to attend by visiting our Town and Community calendars often.
If you have any suggested additions or updates that may enhance the experience then please contact the Town’s Website Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING TOWN MEETINGS & EVENTS
- June 28, 2016, 7:00 pm: Board of Selectmen Meeting
- July 4, 2016, 7:00 pm: Fire Department Monthly Meeting
- July 5, 2016, 7:00 pm: Library Board of Trustees Meeting
- July 7, 2016, 6:00 pm: BOS Working Session
- July 11, 2016, 7:00 pm: Zoning Board of Adjustment Meeting
- July 12, 2016, 7:00 pm: Board of Selectmen Meeting
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
- July 8, 2016, : PROUTY WEEKEND
- July 23, 2016, 10:00 am: Camp Walt Whitman Visiting Day
- August 20, 2016, : CC Tour of the Town Forest's Trails
- August 20, 2016, 5:30 pm: Fire Department Barbecue
- September 6, 2016, 7:00 pm: Supervisors of the Checklist Session
- September 13, 2016, 10:00 am: State Primary Election Day