Animal Control

Piermont Public Safety

Grafton County Dispatch

Phone: (603) 272-4911

Animal Control Officer

To contact Animal Control: call Piermont Public Safety (603) 272-4911, which is answered by Grafton County Dispatch who alerts the Animal Control Officer, or email

The Animal Control Officer, Wayne Godfrey, handles all calls relating to animals except when off duty when the Piermont Police Department will respond to calls.

Pet animals that have been caught will normally be held at Wayne Godfrey’s location for a few days before being transferred to the Upper Valley Humane Society’s premises. If your dog is licensed and is correctly tagged, then the Animal Control Officer will make an attempt to return your pet. All boarding costs and any fines are the responsibility of the pet owner.